LSS GEN2 CHASSIS SYSTEM
Our MDT LSS Chassis System is onto the next generation.
The LSS Gen2 is an update of our popular LSS chassis. The LSS Gen2 chassis system now sports a bold and modern new look inspired by the contours of our more recent chassis lines like the ESS, ACC & LSS-XL Gen2, and is lighter than ever (1.4 to 1.6lb depending on the model).
The LSS Gen2 incorporates the following new features, in addition to everything the original LSS had to offer:
- Ambidextrous magazine release
- M-Lok pattern attachment slots on sides and bottom of the forend
- Barricade-stop grooves ahead of mag-well
- Side-relieved mag well
Our LSS chassis system was designed to be as compact as possible. The V-shaped bedding and free floated forend improve accuracy and ergonomics. The forend allows for barrel contours up to 1″ in diameter. The graphic on the right shows the two flat spots (V-block) where the action sits. The area below the action remains rounded to ultimate strength.
The chassis system is manufactured out of billet 6061-T6 aluminum and has been finished with Cerakote™ in Black or Flat Dark Earth (FDE). To keep this chassis system compact, it was designed for carbine AR-15 buttstocks. However, fixed buttstocks can be mounted with the use of a fixed stock adapter. Alternatively, our LSS-XL Gen2 chassis has a longer forend and was designed to accept fixed buttstocks without the use of the adapter.
MOUNTING AND COMPATIBLE ACCESSORIES
The LSS chassis is designed to accept any AR-15 buttstock and pistol grip (purchased separately), offering the option to customize from the wide variety of Accessories available on the market.
The LSS chassis uses AICS style external box style magazines in .223 and .308 caliber for Short Action and .300WM or .338LM AICS style magazines for Long Action rifles, and supports the installation of bolt-on MIL-STN-1913 accessory mounting rails.
Note: Long action magazines come in 4 different lengths: 3.560″, 3.715″, 3.775″ and 3.850″. The LSS chassis for long action uses 3.715 length magazines with the exception of the Tikka T3 which needs the 3.560″ length magazines.
The max thickness of recoil lug recommend is .350″ (8.9mm)
- Increases accuracy by up to 21%
- CNC machined from 6061 aluminum
- Cerakote finish in black or flat dark earth
- Designed for carbine AR-15 buttstocks
- Accepts most AR-15 pistol grips
- Lightweight, free-floating modular forend
- Will accommodate barrels up to 1″ diameter
- Compatible with AICS style magazines in .223 or .308 (SA) and 300WM, 30.06 (LA). (Long Action magazine length 3.715)
- Weight: 1.4lb – 1.6lb
WHAT YOU GET, AND WHAT YOU NEED
The LSS chassis system comes as a 1-piece chassis, with all required mounting hardware included. This includes new action screws and a screw for the pistol grip.
To complete this chassis on your rifle, the additional items you need to purchase are:
- Any AR-15 buttstock with buffer tube and castle nut – see here for our options.
- An AR-15 Pistol Grip. See here for our options
- At least one magazine – see here for our options
Sorry we are unable to export this item outside of the UK.